by Tall Stories Theatre Company
Join Mouse on an adventurous journey through the deep, dark weeds in this magical adaption of the award-winning picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. Mouse is sure good at scaring away hungry animals with tall stories of the terrifying Gruffalo, but what happens when she comes face-to-face with the very creature she imagined?! The Gruffalo features foot-tapping music, laughs and lots of fun!
California Content Standards easily applied in your classroom:
- K.EN.RE.2.2: Use pictures and context to make predictions about story content.
- 1.AR.TH.1.2: Identify differences between real people and imaginary characters.
- 3.EN.RE,3.3: Determine what characters are like by what they say or do and by how the author or illustrator portrays them.
LESSON PLAN IDEA: Students create and name their own imaginary character, writing or illustrating the creature’s unique features and abilities.
Visit the artist’s website at www.tallstories.org.uk.
ADD ARTISTS IN THE SCHOOLS!
The Gruffalo: Science & Movement
INCLUDES THREE VISITS TO YOUR CLASSROOM!
Working with local dance instructor Katherine Gallagher, students will explore creative movement as a language technique. Your students will be introduced to movement qualities, how space and energy relate to those qualities, how emotions and the body connect, and begin to work as a cooperative ensemble. During this interactive workshop students will explore familiar and unknown creatures utilizing both drama and dance.
California Content Standards
- 1.SC.2.a: Students know different plants and animals inhabit different kinds of environments and have external features that help them thrive in different kinds of places.
- 2.SC.2.d: Students know there is variation among individuals of one kind within a population.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 9:30am
55 minutesStudy Guide (PDF)
Education Programs On-Sale August 17, 2012 starting at 9:00am.Order Form (PDF)
Other School Shows
Journeys to the Past
Clifford the Big Red Dog™ – Live!
San Jose Taiko
Close Encounters with Einstein
The Peking Acrobats®
ERTH’s Dinosaur Petting Zoo™
A Brown Bear, A Moon and A Caterpillar: Treasured Stories by Eric Carle
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl
Stone Soup and Other Stories
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie & Other Story Books
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
Super Scientific Circus
The Little Engine That Could™ Earns Her Whistle
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Beauty and the Beast
Street Beat “Repurposed Percussion”
We The People